Healthier-Looking Skin Habits
Healthy Habits - eliminate grains and sugar, go gluten-free
- Eliminate grains (carbohydrates), especially wheat from your diet – Bread, cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, and corn may cause an increase in insulin production. Choose vegetable carbs because your body can digest them better.
- Try a gluten-free diet – A gluten-free diet will likely help you prevent toxins from being pumped through your skin because of the intolerance.
- Avoid sugar in your diet – Just like grains, consumption of refined sugar results in an insulin spike that will cause skin problems.
Healthy Habits - eliminate soft drinks, drink pure water
- Balance your intestinal bacteria – Fermented foods and probiotics supplement benefit you by balancing the intestinal flora, which helps bolster your immune system.
- Drink large amounts of pure water – Keeping your body hydrated helps with cell growth and regeneration, removal of waste and dead skin cells. It improves your complexion, too.
- STOP Drinking sodas, juice, and energy drinks – Most of these types of drinks are full of sugar, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, flavors and dyes. Instead of juice, replace it with fruit (in moderation).
Healthy Habits - reduce stress
- Discover for your Nutritional Type – By learning your nutritional type, it will help you decide how many carbohydrates you should eat to perfect your diet plan. Learn how to determine your nutritional type.
- Determine and maximize your vitamin D – Vitamin D is critical in maintaining a robust immune system and bolstering healthy-looking skin.
- Minimize stress – Got stress? Who doesn't? But we CAN reduce it through proper diet and exercise. Stress often affects our skin, causing blemishes and increased signs of aging.
Healthy Habits - get plenty of sleep
- Exercise daily – Proper exercise flushes toxins out of your body, including through the pores of your skin. Perspiration is healthy and it helps eliminate contaminants through your pores.
- Sleep Tight! – Give your body time to regenerate through good sleep habits. It will improve your skin and give you a clearer complexion.
- Choose natural cleansers and moisturizers for your skin – Refrain from toxic skin care products with synthetic ingredients, which often create more skin problems. Take responsibility in learning to read the labels. Just because the products "says" it's good for you, is it really?
Healthy Habits - choose real natural skin care
It's all about choices. What changes have you made lately and how have those changes affected your health, particularly your skin?