How easy it that? This is one of the simplest, natural hair care recipes to make at home, and it literally costs a fraction of the store bought versions. It adds great texture and volume to hair without the chemicals. by making it yourself, you can also customize to your hair type to get the texture you want.
Here's an alternative recipe with a few extra ingredients.
DIY Beach Spray Ingredients:
• 1 cup of hot water (not boiling)- Can also use strong Chamomile Tea as the base if you want to lighten hair or black tea as the base if you want to darken hair, but you will need to keep in the fridge.
• 2 tablespoons Epsom salts (or more for extra texture)
• 1/2 tsp Himalayan or sea salt (optional but adds stiffness)
• 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
• 1/2 tsp sweet almond oil or jojoba oil
• Optional: a few drops of essential oil (lavender and citrus are great options)
• Optional: 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon vodka or alcohol- if you want to lighten hair (the lemon juice lightens and the alcohol preserves)
Put the hot water (or tea) in the spray bottle and add the Epsom salts, sea salt (optional), aloe vera, oil, essential oils (optional) and lemon juice/vodka (if using). Put the cap on the bottle and shake for 1-2 minutes or until Epsom salts and sea salt are dissolved. Store in the fridge if using lemon juice or tea base, or at room temperature if you aren’t. Will last 3-4 months or longer.
As stated above, to use, spray on damp hair and scrunch with a towel to dry for loose beach waves. Spray on dry hair and on roots for volume and texture without the waves.
Let us know how it works for you, and we'd love for you to post before/after pictures!