How to De-Clutter Your Life
Do you ever feel like clutter is taking over your life? Is it difficult for you to become organized and tidy?
For as long as I can remember, I've been a bit over-the-top (some might say slightly OCD!) about being organized. My personal mantra has always been "less is more" and, though I realize that doesn't work for everyone, you can still maintain a clutter-free life even if you believe "more is better".
In my personal and professional life, I find that a clutter-free environment makes for clearer thinking, stress reduction and ease of task management. Here are some thoughts on how you might de-clutter your life.
1) Include clean up as part of your tasks, as opposed to making it a separate task. This will help maintain order in your household or work space.
2) Rethink your shopping needs. Always make lists beforehand and don't buy unnecessary items just because they're on sale or you get that "impulse". Especially in this economy, it's important not to shop just to shop. If you need it, buy it, but otherwise stop over-buying.
3) When you do buy something new, remove something old to keep a balance in your life. That way you will maintain control over the amount of "stuff" in your household.
4) Time and energy is consumed by "stuff" because it requires keeping it clean and tidy. Examine your belongings and determine if they are things you love and actually use. If they aren't loved or useful, donate or discard them. Keep a bag or basket set aside for those items and when it's full, immediately get rid of them by taking to a local charity. You'll be amazed at how wonderful it feels to give those unwanted or unneeded items away.
5) Nighttime tidying is a must. Take just a few minutes as part of your retiring routine to clean up around the house. If you have children, they need to include cleaning up their toys as part of their bedtime routine. Waking up to a clutter-free home will start your day off right!
What do you do to maintain a clutter-free life?
12/8/2011 12:06:10 pm
gonna do this!
1/4/2012 11:30:26 pm
Haha! I used to do that for friends. Oddly, it's something I really enjoy!
4/17/2012 10:06:56 pm
You really shared a stuff which is useful to everyone..Keep sharing such interesting talks..
8/3/2012 07:41:43 pm
A great way to deal with stress is to consider de-cluttering your diet and eliminating processed foods laden with additives.
9/24/2012 04:32:30 pm
I really appreciate your work especially the research part of it which made the whole point very easy to understand.
Leave a Reply.
Welcome! I'm Stephanie (Jo to close friends), founder of EdenSong. Aside from my university studies, I have a natural passion for all things organic. I enjoy living and learning about natural ways, all things health related, cooking, gardening with herbs and flowers, photography, DIYing, yoga, bicycling, ballet, traveling and being with family and friends. A quirk of mine is my near obsession of Asian culture, particularly Korean history and its language. Would you like to know more? Find out about us.
© EdenSong Essentials
All Rights Reserved